The African Leadership Institute for Community Transformation (ALICT) is the first International Training program of its kind.By training innovative practitioners from all over the world, ALICT equips emerging Christian leaders to usher in the Spirit, principals and work of the Kingdom of God within the sector they are called to influence.
These leaders are given the capacity to build those around them and to create teams or subsequent communities of like-minded leaders to move forward in demonstrating and ushering in the priorities of the Kingdom.
As of 2017 ALICT has empowered more than 377 leaders from almost 101 different countries across the world. During the 3 month intensive residential program, students are pushed and challenged in every aspect of life as well as given skills in project planning, partnership & networking, vision casting, proposal writing and other practical areas.
When: 26 July 2018 – 19 October 2018
Where: Bergkroon Camp Site in Wellington, South Africa
Closing Date for Application: 09 March 2018
For application forms or further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Young adults, 23 â€“ 35 years old who,
- Have at least matriculated from high school.
- Have complete commitment to honoring Christ and furthering His Kingdom.
- Demonstrate Christian faith and commitment.
- Have the necessary leadership potential and competency to facilitate a significant service project in their community.
- Have shown vision and passion for community transformation through practical social change initiatives.
- Have the ability to communicate (speak, read, understand and write) in English.
- Are willing to send requested reports to the ALICT office during the next 5 years.
- Have a passion for their local community.
- somebody who understands that internet availability will be very limited and understands that importance of relationship, of a community experience and of being present to others and lecturers and would therefore be willing to commit to leave their mobile phone at the entrance of the different venues used for sessions and activities in the box provided, not to use social media during the session or activity, not to allow social media to take away time from the community experience and relationships offered by the experience at ALICT and therefore to limit time on social media even during free time to a minimum.
- Someone who understands that the learning experience ALICT offers is not necessarily as he/she expects and therefore would be open to a different way of learning including challenges in a busy schedule with several assignments and projects.
- Someone who will implement the learning experience he/she receives effectively in his/her context on their return. The support he/she will get from their church and/or others will determine the influence he/she will have as a community transformation facilitator.Â We require that:
- They have a commitment from the leadership of the church that gives them support (and/or the ministry network that are involved in), that they will support them in implementing what they have learned in the training in the next five years
- They stay connected to the community development, ministry and transformation networks in their country.
- ALICT does not provide finances to pioneer or sustain your ministry or for your personal needs.
It is important that:
a. You do not expect any future financial support for personal or ministry purposes;
b. You will have a financial sustainable income for your personal needs and for the ministry (in other words that you will not depend on your ministry to provide you with an income)
- Have a passport or apply for one immediately and apply for a visa to South Africa at least 1-2 months prior to departure for South Africa.
- Send your application form and the two reference forms to the office by e-mail by 09 March 2018.
- Total cost of US$ 5600 (including the contribution of US$600 mandatory fee (if sponsored or not sponsored) by 15 June 2018.
- All leaders accepted for the training must contribute US$600, even if a scholarship is granted.
- Costs include accommodation, food, learning experience and travel in and to South Africa. It excludes expenses for personal needs and visa application.
- Limited scholarships are available on request.
ALICT is usually composed of 26-27 students from 24 or more different nations. Living, working, worshiping and studying together they become a family and challenge each other as much as they bless and encourage. As they participate in the intensive curriculum, these students are given a snap-shot of eternity, uniting in their diversity to lay down their lives, titles, position and rights in service to Jesus Christ. The intent is to empower young Christian leaders to be relevant agents of change, to commit to a lifestyle of learning, creating key relationships & partnerships, while training them to design and execute programs and projects towards change. Students are coached to bring new and innovative insight, knowledge and thinking to this process.
Assessment during ALICT:
Designed as part of the learning experience, there are various assessments such as Pre-course assignment, assignments, peer evaluation, staff evaluation and the final exam that each participant will have to complete prior and during the training. The aim is to evaluate the extent to which participants can internalize and contextualize the learning, while others will focus on their personal and leadership skills development. In order to graduate, participants have to submit on time their completed assignments, a written exam and to achieve an average mark of 50%.
If I want to define ALICT, I would like to use this metaphor. I have asking GOD to give me a fish for me to eat daily, but GOD gave me a fishing hook (ALICT). GOD use ALICT as a tool for me to know how live and how to give. I”M BLESS BY ALICT
Alumnus from Tonga
ALICT for me is a turning point and clear my calling so I can serve more with new tools to transform my community.
Alumnus from restricted area
ALICT become a life changing experience for me. I will never be the same again I will keep practice what I learned here. I keep processing all things God teach me here, I am so thankful that God bring me here. And the purpose that He wants me to do in mission have been change
ALICT is a like a garage where people come to be serviced. By the time you leave the garage, you can’t recognize yourself because of the changes that have taken place in you, both inside and outside. ALICT is a tool in God’s hand to shape the destiny of individuals and nations.
A gathering of a few persons from different culture, nation and environment that will impact their communities holistically and actively. They are gathered for learning from each other, for learning from experience and for knowing more who there are and also their calling and the manner to be a kingdom builder and a best servant
Changed forever my life, the most amazing experience in all the meanings spiritual, relationships, now I can to feel how I grew there, about knowledge a leadership in my community, how to organize project, to treat people and understand them, this is very important and touch so deeply, I know about my calling, I found
As for me ALICT is a not only the institute and education for ministry. For me ALICT is a family where I could feel safe and free, where I could to learn new experiences of communication and interaction. For me ALICT is friends!!! And excellent example of service!!!!! I am blessed to have been able